(This is our CINS Army Brief for September 2021. Learn more and subscribe here.)
And the “CINSY” for Baddest Actor in Cybersecurity goes to …
From REvil to DarkSide to BlackMatter, these probably-not-state-sponsored organizations have matured into highly organized and profitable businesses, with 24/7 customer service departments and enterprise-level administration. Umm, congratulations?
Check out the links below on RaaS and more, and catch up on everything you missed last month.
- Infamous ransomware gang REvil returns to the dark web
- Officials urge Congress to consider fining companies that fail to report cyber incidents
- Cyber Should be a Proactive and Team Sport, SBA CTO Says
- Ransomware now accounts for 69% of all attacks that use malware
- Hackers Are Going ‘Deep-Sea Phishing,’ So What Can You Do About It?
- Millions of malicious emails are still slipping past security filters
- This phishing-as-a-service operation is responsible for many attacks against businesses, says Microsoft
- Russian state hackers use new TinyTurla malware as secondary backdoor
- Attackers Spread Cobalt Strike Through Backdoor in Common Apps
- Rapid digitalization may leave smart cities open to cyberattacks
- U.S. Cyber Chief Says ‘Cyber Bullets’ Are Part of War on Hacks
- Bot attacks grow 41% in first half of 2021: LexisNexis
- 4 Steps for Fostering Collaboration Between IT Network and Security Teams
- 91% of IT teams have felt ‘forced’ to trade security for business operations
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.