(This is our CINS Army Brief for May 2021. Learn more and subscribe here.)
Spring 2020 saw many essential items in short supply. This year those items are abundant, and it’s a very, very different variety of products that are limited … Everything from boat manufacturers to Grape-Nuts (really?!!) are having trouble meeting production demands.
Before you set sail – or while you’re waiting in anticipation of those Grape-Nuts (again, why?!) – batten down the hatches on your security to prevent being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, because security is always in high demand.
- The Gig Economy Creates Novel Data-Security Risks
- Fraudsters employ Amazon ‘vishing’ attacks in fake order scams
- SolarWinds CEO: Attack Began Much Earlier Than Previously Thought
- Businesses suffering repeated breaches due to app security flaws
- How penetration testing can promote a false sense of security
- 56% of security professionals say today’s cyber workforce lacks soft skills
- Phishing, ransomware, web app attacks dominate data breaches in 2021, says Verizon Business DBIR
- Despite Heightened Breach Fears, Incident Response Capabilities Lag
- Microsoft: Threat actors target aviation orgs with new malware
- New ransomware: CISA warns over FiveHands file-encrypting malware variant
- Your Security Awareness Training Isn’t Working
- Ryuk ransomware finds foothold in bio research institute through student who wouldn’t pay for software
- Over half of organizations have experienced a third-party data breach
- Three new malware families found in global finance phishing campaign
- Deepfake Attacks Are About to Surge, Experts Warn
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.