(This is our CINS Army Brief for February 2021. Learn more and subscribe here.)
From 0 to 60 in 4.2 days, we’re talking about the temperature here in Texas y’all. We can think of one other thing that can swing from good to bad in even less time: your network’s security. One minute you think your network is secure and the next – BAM! You’ve been hacked. Stay warm, stay secure.
Read on to see what you may have missed in security news while you took shelter from the weather this past month.
- DHS announces new measures to boost nation’s cybersecurity
- Is Congress Spending Enough on Cybersecurity?
- Ransomware gangs are running riot – paying them off doesn’t help
- 100+ Financial Services Firms Targeted in Ransom DDoS Attacks in 2020
- Inside a ransomware attack on a small trucking company
- Millions of patients affected by healthcare breaches last year
- CIS now offers free ransomware protection to all US hospitals
- Microsoft: SolarWinds attack took more than 1,000 engineers to create
- In Search of a Better Customer Experience, Retailers Create Cyber Vulnerabilities
- This old form of ransomware has returned with new tricks and new targets
- Data Security Accountability in an Age of Regular Breaches
- Digital forensics is the best offense and defense for cyber attacks
- IT leaders see outsourcing cybersecurity as one solution to increased attacks
- 5 Critical Questions Raised by Water Treatment Facility Hack
- How much is your info worth on the Dark Web? For Americans, it’s just $8
- The Front Lines of the Cyber War
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.