(This is our CINS Army Brief for August 2020. Learn more and subscribe here.)
As the cybersecurity focus shifts to securing remote workers, the more things change, the more things stay the same. Phishing becomes Vishing, ransomware evolves but the trojans remain the same, and the humble end users remain the target. Here are some the highlights from the last month in cybersecurity news.
The New Normal?
- FBI and CISA warn of major wave of vishing attacks targeting teleworkers
- Hackers eye students returning to virtual classes as easy targets
- Federal cyber agency releases strategy to secure 5G networks
- Preparing Cybersecurity Measures for a Post-COVID, Hyperconnected World
Know Your Vendors
- How to Effectively Manage Data Breach Risks from Third-Parties
- How Hackers Leverage COVID-19 to Disrupt Supply Chain Operations
- Attackers Use Unicode & HTML to Bypass Email Security Tools
- FBI/CISA Warn US Firms of State-Mandated Tax Malware
- Ryuk successor Conti Ransomware releases data leak site
- For six months, security researchers have secretly distributed an Emotet vaccine across the world
- What Is Drovorub? FBI Expose Latest Russian State-Run Cyber Threat
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.